The terms “Handmarks,” “us,” “our” or “we” refer to Handmarks Inc.
What information do we collect online and how is it used?
We may ask you to provide personal information through our Marketing Channels. For example, when you:
- subscribe to receive our email or other communications;
- place an order with us online or through one of our independent Handmarks Consultants;
- fill out an application to become an independent Handmarks Consultant;
- complete a request to host a party event;
- participate in a survey;
- enter contests or sweepstakes;
- contact us for other information.
In addition, independent Handmarks Consultants may provide us personal information about individuals who are invited to hosted Handmarks parties or events.
Types of personal information collected or provided may include your name, address, email address, home, work and mobile telephone number, payment information, as well as other information you chose to provide which can identify you personally.
Once we receive personal information through our Marketing Channels, we use it for such things as:
- processing orders and requests;
- responding to your inquiries;
- considering your application to become an independent Handmarks Consultant.
- improving, developing, and marketing our products and services, Websites and Mobile Applications;
- communicating with you via email, telephone or postal mail regarding promotional offers, new products, and other information that we think may be interesting to you;
- helping you find an independent Handmarks Consultant including automatically assigning a new independent Handmarks Consultant to you and sharing your personal information with that person if your current independent Consultant has discontinued selling Handmarks and has become inactive in the business;
- internal business purposes, such as analyzing your activity with us, including your interaction with our Marketing Channels and your purchases;
- personalizing our communications to you and allow you to communicate and interact with others on our Websites and Mobile Applications;
- facilitating the business activities of an independent Handmarks Consultant.
- conducting surveys, sweepstakes or contests (please note some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your personal information, we recommend you read those rules carefully);
Information Observed or Collected Through Technology
We and our third-party service providers use technology to automatically observe and collect information whenever you interact with our Websites or Mobile Applications and when you open our emails. The following describe some of the types of technology used:
- Navigational Information. We collect navigational information such as browser type and version; the service provider used to access our Websites or Mobile Applications; whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites; and for visitors using a mobile version of our Websites or a Mobile Application, technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear.
- Cookies. Cookies assign a unique identification to your computer and are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser.
- Pixel Tag. A pixel tag (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs and clear GIFs) is a nearly invisible small graphic image on a webpage or in an email message.
How do we use information gathered through technology?
Information gathered through technology allows us to determine such things as which parts of our Websites are most visited or used, what products are browsed and/or purchased, the effectiveness of our Websites, possibly the city from which devices connect to our Websites, and difficulties visitors may experience in accessing our Websites. Cookies are also used to associate you with your independent Handmarks Consultant, keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, and to tell us whether you have visited our Websites in the past. Pixel tags in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails.
What information do we share with third parties?
We will share your personal information with our affiliates. In addition, we will share your personal information with the independent Handmarks Consultants(s) with whom you indicate you have a relationship, as well as with any other independent Handmarks Consultant(s) we assign to you if your current independent Handmarks Consultant has discontinued selling Handmarks and has become inactive in the business. If you have never had a relationship with one of our independent Consultants, we will select one who is located near you and provide your contact information to that independent Handmarks Consultant so you may be contacted about your inquiry.
We may share your personal information with third party service providers that assist us in such things as: developing and administering our Websites or Mobile Applications; data analysis; payment processing; order fulfillment; infrastructure provision; information technology services; customer service; auditing; training; allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages we may sustain; conducting surveys, sweepstakes or contests; sending and administering emails or text messages; performing marketing services; or other similar services. (These third-party providers will be supplied with, or have access to, your personal information for the purpose of providing these services to us or on our behalf.)
If we were ever merged with or acquired by another company or sold substantially all of our assets, or if we acquire another business entity or substantially all of its assets or we are involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and it may also be retained by us.
We will not otherwise share, sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect our business, the users of our Marketing Channels, the Marketing Channels or the public.
Nothing in this policy restricts our ability to share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
What choices do you have over how your information is used?
Marketing Email: You may elect to no longer receive marketing emails from us or that we send on behalf of one of our independent Handmarks Consultants. You may opt out of these marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in any marketing email you receive. Please be aware, however, even if you opt out of marketing emails, you may still receive emails related to your transactions, such as order confirmations and may still receive emails directly from your independent Handmarks Consultants that we do not send on behalf of the Consultant.
Text Message Marketing: If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, you can follow the opt-out instructions provided at the time you sign up for text messages or the instructions that may be included in the text messages you receive.
How can you update your personal information?
If you believe that any information we have collected about you is incorrect or incomplete, then please email or write to us at the contact information below, letting us know the correct information.
What is our policy regarding children?
We do not sell products for purchase by children. Our Marketing Channels are directed to adults and are not directed to children under the age of 13. The Company does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13.
How do we protect your information?
Our Online Channels use the following types of security measures: firewall technology, limited access servers, and when you place an order online, we require use of Web browsers that permit communication through Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. TLS is encryption technology that provides security for information as it is being sent over the Internet. Browsers and devices must support TLS 1.0 or newer to access secure areas of our website.
Where should you direct your questions or concerns?
How can you access your personal information?
We will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and share is accurate and complete. If you would like to review your personal information, or you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, then please contact us using the contact information above.
Additional choices of how your information is used.
Postal or Telephone Marketing: If you do not wish to receive marketing materials directly from Handmarks via regular postal mail or through telephone calls/messages directly from Handmarks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at the address listed above and tell us to remove you from our postal mailing and/or the phone marketing list. Even if you opt out of these postal mailings or phone marketing made directly by Handmarks, you may still receive postal mailings and phone calls from your independent Handmarks Consultants.
Disclosure to Affiliates: If you would like to make sure that we do not disclose your personal information to our affiliates, please email us at email@example.com or mail us at the address listed above and tell us that you do not want us to disclose your personal information to our affiliates.
What additional provisions apply only to independent Handmarks Consultants?
This Privacy Statement applies to the Personal Information of independent Consultants collected by Handmarks, whether collected online or offline. This information would be collected in addition to any Personal Information we may collect from you as a Handmarks customer, as described above.
If you seek to become a Handmarks Consultant, we may collect and use your personal information including credit-related information, your social security number, and your birthdate to determine your eligibility to conduct business once you have become a Handmarks Consultant.
Once you are a Handmarks Consultant, we may disclose your personal information:
- to other Consultants or Directors, who may be independent contractors with Handmarks;
- to current and potential customers who are seeking the assistance of a Handmarks Consultant; and
- as necessary to comply with legal requirements such as tax and record keeping obligations.
We may also combine the non-personal information that we and our third-party service providers collect about your use of our Website (as described above) with your unique Consultant number or personal information. We may use the combined information for purposes such as to analyze Handmarks Consultant use of our Websites, in order to evaluate and make improvements to our business model, and for other internal analytics purposes.